To enable an email notification channel, You can follow below steps:
- Log on to the computer with OMADMIN account that is a member of the Operations Manager Administrators role.
- In the Operations console, click Administration.
- In the navigation pane, under Notifications, right-click Channels. Click New channel and then click E-mail (SMTP).
- Type a name for the channel, such as SMTP channel and optionally provide a description. Click Next.
- In the SMTP servers area, click Add.
- In the Add SMTP Server dialog box, type the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server< Ex13.Mlab.net>, type the port number<25>, select the authentication method used by the SMTP server<Anonymous>, and then click OK.
- Type the Return Address that should appear on email notifications, and then in the Retry interval list, select the number of minutes to wait before trying to resend a notification to the primary SMTP server. Click Next.
- In the Default e-mail notification format area, specify the E-mail subject and E-mail message text or leave the default selections, select the Importance level that you want the emails sent with, and then specify the Encoding type. You can click the right arrow next to the E-mail subject and E-mail message boxes for a full list of available variables, and then Click Finish.
- Click Close.
You can add one or more additional servers to act as backup servers. If the primary SMTP server is unavailable, notifications are sent through the secondary server.