To create a notification subscriber as an administrator
- Log on to the computer with OMADMIN account that is a member of the Operations Manager Administrators role.
- In the Operations console, click Administration.
- Under Notifications, right-click Subscribers, and click New subscriber.
- On the Description page, type a display name for this subscriber “Mlab\ OMAlert”.
- On the Schedule Notifications page, click Always send notifications, or Notify only during the specified times and specify when notifications should be sent to this subscriber.
- On the Subscriber Addresses page, click Add to add subscriber addresses to the notification.
- On the Describe the Subscriber Address page, enter a name to identify the subscriber address < OMAlert@Mlab.local>, and then click next.
- On the Provide the Channel and Delivery Address page, perform the following steps:
- In Channel Type, select between email, instant message, text message, or command for the method of notification.
- If you select command for channel type, in Command Channel, select the name of a command channel. The command channel must be created before you create the subscriber. Skip the next step, because no delivery address is specified for a command channel.
- In Delivery address for the selected channel, enter the address to which the notification should be sent.
- Click Next.