When I run Hybrid configuration wizard on Exchange 2013, On Federation Trust page, I got below error
PowerShell failed to invoke ‘New-Federation Trust’: Unable to access the Federation Metadata document from the federation partner. Detailed information: “Unable to connect to the remote server”
How to resolve this issue?
I checked on Open Log file to check more details about issue. I found this issue happened when try to connect SRVMBX1. To resolve this issue, you need to follow below steps:
- Go to server SRVMBX1, open Internet explorer and try to open https://nexus.microsoftonline-p.com/FederationMetadata/2006-12/FederationMetadata.xml
- In my case, This mailbox server access internet with proxy and open above URL.
- Then Open Command Prompt and run below command to verify that proxy address that exist in internet explorer
- In my case, It didn’t show so that i ran this command
- Then you need to open Exchange PowerShell, and ran this command to verify that Exchange see the proxy
- If it show empty or Value not as exist in internet explorer, you will need to ran this command
- Then Enable Federation trust should work run successfully.
netsh winhttp show proxy
netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie
Get-ExchangeServer -Identity srvmbx1 | select *proxy*
Set-ExchangeServer -Identity srvmbx4 -InternetWebProxy http://srvisa.lab.com:80
If you had multiple server for mailbox, you will need to repeat above steps on all Mailbox servers.