This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM). There are two updates available for System Center 2012 R2 VMM. One update applies to the VMM management server, and the other applies to the VMM console. Additionally, this article contains installation instructions for Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager resolves the following issues:
- Files cannot be found on a network-attached storage device that uses NetApp storage and Server Message Block version 3 (SMBv3) protocol.
- After an account’s password is changed, the Scale-Out File Server provider goes into a “not responding” state.
- VMM wipes the System Access Control List (SACL) configurations on ports.
- When an uplink profile’s name contains the “or” string, VMM console cannot show its details when it adds the uplink profile to a logical switch.
- Dynamic disks cannot be used as pass-through disks.
- When you create a standard virtual switch on a host without selecting the Allow management operating system to share this network adapter check box, the virtual switch is created. However, the virtual switch still binds to the host unexpectedly.
- Network address translation (NAT) uses port number 49152 or a larger number, which Windows prohibits from being used by NAT.
- When a virtual machine IP address type is static Out-of-Band and there is no IP address pool that is associated with the virtual machine network or the logical network, migration is complete with multiple errors.
- If a highly available virtual machine is migrated from one node to another node by using Failover Cluster Manager, you receive an error message that indicates the absence of VHD files.
- Some performance issues in VMM.
- Connection with Operations Manager fails in a non-English environment.
- After you upgrade VMM from System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1) to System Center 2012 R2, VLAN settings disappear and cannot be saved in the virtual machine.
- Virtualization gateway could not be discovered by management packs.
- The New-SCPhysicalComputerProfile Windows PowerShell cmdlet fails with a NullReferenceException exception.
- Assume that you put a host into maintenance mode. When any highly available virtual machines cannot evacuate successfully, they are put into a saved state instead of into task failures.
- Assume that you have a computer that is running VMware ESX Server to host virtual machines. Additionally, assume that cumulative progress for many applications, scripts or actions (that is reported by guest agent) becomes large. In this situation, all deployments time out, as the guest agent cannot communicate to the server successfully.
- You cannot deploy a service template to VMware ESX 5.1 hosts. Additionally, you receive an error 22042 and a TimeoutWhileWaitingForVmToBootException (609) exception.
- When you migrate a virtual machine together with Out-of-Band checkpoints, database corruption occurs.
- Pass-through disks are not updated correctly in the database after they are refreshed from an Out-of-Band migration.
- Assume that hosts establish a Common Information Model (CIM) session that can send policies to the host after the Hyper-V Network Virtualization initialization. Additionally, assume that a policy-sending activity is initiated before the CIM session creation is completed. In this situation, policies are stuck in the sending queue, and the host does not receive any Hyper-V Network Virtualization policies.
- Communication is broken in Hyper-V Network Virtualization.
- When you use a same user name for Run As Accounts in guest customization, a conflict occurs.
- You cannot use a parameter together with .sql scripts for a Run As Account during a service installation.
- You deploy a template that uses empty classification to a cloud. However, the template does not respect storage classifications that are set on the cloud.
- When Windows Server fast file copy cannot deploy files successfully, the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) fallback task continues using the fast file copy credentials.
For more Info., you can check below link