This article describes the issues that are fixed and functionality that is updated in Cumulative Update 3 (CU3) for Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
Issues that are fixed
Software distribution and application management
- Content distribution from a Central Administration Site (CAS) to remote distribution points can take longer than expected. This can occur when multiple applications are updated across all distribution points.
- An application that is deployed to a collection is not removed from the software center if the computer is removed from that collection.
- The Export Application Wizard finished with errors when the source contains nested sub-folders, and the content is updated. Errors that resemble the following are displayed in the Export Application Wizard:
Error: The target file “C:\Export\A_files\Content_XXXXXXXXXXXX\F2” is a directory, not a file.
- Applications in a dependency chain may not install when an immediate restart is initiated by the Configuration Manager client. This scenario affects applications and application dependency chains that are deployed by using Application Management in which the application has the following option enabled:
Only when no user is logged on / CM client will force a mandatory device restart
Wake on LAN
- Wake on LAN requests from a site server to a client may time out in large environments of 30,000 or more clients.
- The data collecting process may time out when Configuration Manager is migrated from Configuration Manager 2007 to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager. This issue can occur in sites in which multiple source sites are used, and many (100,000 or more) records exist only in the database at the destination site.
- Clients may not configure settings for the company portal for sites in which multiple Application Catalogs are installed. Entries that resemble the following are logged in the UpdateTrustedSites.log file:
- The Administrator Console can quit unexpectedly when modifying the following task sequences:
- Join a domain or workgroup
- Apply Network Settings
- Policy assignment is not updated a Windows Embedded Handheld device is moved from one collection to another. For example, when a device is moved from a collection for installing an application to an uninstall collection, a rules conflict status occurs. Entries that resemble the following are recorded in the SMS_DM.log file:
Uninstall AppPolicy is in conflict with other Install AppPolicy. Bailing out without Processing
- A race condition may cause renewing the Microsoft Intune Connector certificate to fail. Entries that resemble the following are recorded in the DMPDownload.log:
Renewing connector certificate… Failed to call SaveAccountInfo. error = Unknown error SMS_DMP_DOWNLOADER is exiting…
- The Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol policy may not be delivered to a device that is enrolled in Microsoft Intune and then later renamed by the user.
- State messages are marked incorrectly as corrupted from Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol Configuration Items that are targeted to devices and that contain a user entry of SYSTEM.
- Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol certificate requests can fail for workgroup clients that Configuration Manager manages. Entries that resemble the following are recorded in the CRP.log file:
DB returned NULL. Parameters in CSR and DB do not match
Exception: System.ArgumentException: DB returned NULL.Parameters in CSR and DB do not match
Operating system deployment
- When an unknown x64 UEFI computer is started by using PXE in a Configuration Manager 2012 R2 environment, the x86 Unknown Computer object is used incorrectly instead of the x64 Unknown Computer. This can potentially cause the computer to receive incorrect task sequences.
- The SMS Agent Host service may quit unexpectedly during the processing of task sequences.
Site servers and site systems
- The SMS_Executive service may quit unexpectedly when removing a package from a large number (100+) of distribution points. Entries that resemble the following are logged in the distmgr.log file before process termination:
Wait failed while waiting for all DP threads to end. Thread Count = 94, Error = 87
Distribution Manager tried 100 times, it will exit now
Note These log entries do not always indicate a problem state that will lead to a process termination.
- Changing the properties of a distribution point on a Windows Server 2012 R2 server can disable date and time logging in Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Changing the properties of a distribution that was migrated from Configuration Manager 2007 to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager can result in the upgrade process starting again.
- Windows PowerShell issues that are corrected in Cumulative Update 3 are described in the following article:
2999304Description of Windows PowerShell changes in Cumulative Update 3 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
For more Info., you can check below link