To allow SCCM to discover system, users and network resources and discovery method has to be configured to discover those resources, follow the below steps to configure SCCM Discovery Method:
- Click on the Administration workspace, expand Overview, Hierarchy Configuration and select Discovery Methods, you will find that Heartbeat Discovery is the only Method Enabled by Default.
- Enable the following discovery methods
- Active Directory Forest Discovery.
- Active Directory System Discovery
- Active Directory Group Discovery
- Active Directory User Discovery
- Right click on Active Directory Forest Discovery and choose Properties
- Select “Enable Active Directory Forest Discovery” with two below options
- Click Apply and Select yes to run Full Discovery question
- Configure Active Directory System Discovery , Right click it and select Properties, the properties page will show, Select Enable Active Directory System Discovery
- Click on the Yellow StarBurst, then click Browse and select default Active Directory Container
- Select the options, Check two options “Only discover computers” and press OK
- Same Previous Steps, To enable Active Directory User Discovery and Active Directory Group Discovery.