Management packs typically contain monitoring settings for applications and services. After a management pack is imported into an Operations Manager management group, Operations Manager immediately begins monitoring objects based on default configurations and thresholds that are set by the management pack.
You have several options for importing management packs:
- Import directly from the Catalog on the Microsoft System Center Marketplace by using the Operations console.
- Import from disk (local storage or a network file share) by using the Operations console.
- Use the Operations console to download a management pack from the Catalog to import at a later time.
- Use an Internet browser to download a management pack from the Catalog to import at a later time.
- You should always review the management pack guide before you import a management pack.
- You can download Management Packs from Microsoft System Center Marketplace or Microsoft download Center