Below are the step by step instructions to install Symantec Backup Exec 2012 on Windows Server 2008R2 Sp1. Here is an outline of what we will do:
- Prepare Backup Exec Server
- Install Symantec Backup Exec 2012
Prepare Backup Exec Server
- Upgrade to windows server 2008R2 SP1
- Backup Exec Server must have .Net-framework 3.5
Follow the below steps to install .NetFramework3.5
- In Server Manager of Server <Backup>, click Add Features.
- In the Select Features interface, expand .NET Framework 3.5.1 Features., expand .NET Framework 3.5.1 Features.
- Once you expand .NET Framework 3.5.1 Features, you will see two check boxes. One for .NET Framework 3.5.1 and other for WCF Activation. Check the box next to .NET Framework 3.5.1 and click Next.
- In the Confirm Installation Selections interface, review the selections and then click Install.
- Allow the installation process to complete and then click Close.
Install Backup Exec Server
To install Symantec Backup Exec 2012 follow the below steps:
- From the installation media browser, click Installation, and then click Start the Backup Exec Installation.
- On the Welcome panel, read the license agreement and then click I accept the terms of the license agreement and Click Next
- On the Installation Type panel, click Typical Installation, and then click Next.
- Review the results of the Environment Check and Click Next.
- On the Review Licenses panel, check the check boxes for the products that you want to install, and then click Next.
- On the Service Account panel, provide a user name, password, and domain for an Administrator account<Contoso\administrator> that the Backup Exec system services can use.
- On Remote Computer Window, Click Next.
- Review the installation summary, and then click Install.
- Now Install Backup Exec 2012 is in progress
- Installation is finished successfully.
- On Survey Window, Check on “skip the survey and finish the installation” and click Finish.