To activate Lync Server follow below steps:
- Download the Lync Server version from the Microsoft Licensing portal (or where ever else you obtain your licensed software).
- Extract the ISO to a folder/burn it to a disk and mount it into the Lync server.
- Open up the Lync Server Management Shell as an Administrator
Start->All Programs->Microsoft Lync Server 2010 (or 2013)->Lync Server Management Shell
- Navigate to the installation media
cd <Path to Lync Media>\Setup\amd64\Setup
- Type: msiexec.exe /fvomus server.msi EVALTOFULL=1 /qb
- To update the services Type: Enable-CsComputer
- To verify Lync is now licensed Type: Get-CsServerVersion